Monday, September 21, 2015

Angela Porter's Coloring Books At Target





I went to Target today and in the book section they had a few shelves of coloring books for adults.  I found copies of Angela Porter's Color Me Calm so after checking it out I had to have one.  Bought a copy and a few extra Staedtler pens.  Angela was a big influence on me a few years ago when I met her on a website called paintingsilove.com.

I was doing nothing but watercolors when I started noticing her drawings.  I hadn't been doing any drawings for years.  I started painting regularly in 2011.  Angela was the first to tell me about Zentangles.  And although I do not do them they showed me a whole new way of thinking about my art.  Doodling became my passion.  Now doodling is my job considering my doodles are now coloring books.

I look forward to coloring this book but mostly I am just excited to look at it.  Nice to own some of Angela's art.

No comments:

Post a Comment